Sunday, January 23, 2022

No-more Any-more!!!

 Poem I wrote 5/17/01

As soon as he walks out the door you start to worry and knowing when he comes back you will have to confront him, and all he will say is I'm sorry. Why do tears fall down your face when all you will do in the end is stay? All the pain in your heart, all the tears running down your face, because you know your soon to fall apart. All these feelings you can't control while crying on the bedroom floor, because he's everything you love and adore. Is it that he was your first love? Is it because you have a baby or because he drives you crazy? I know this pain because I share them as well, and boy do I have stories to tell. Blinded by love I have picked the wrong ones so many times before. Guided by my heart and not thinking with my head. Never really listening to what my mom said, the warnings she begged me to see, and I would just tell her to let me be. My advice is always try abiding by what the wise people are telling you. They are only trying to warn you from what they already know too well. You can see it in their faces, but you can never tell. They live so graciously still with love and smiles on the daily, giving hearts you would never think they carried so much hurt. Let me be like them when I grow up Lord! I could only hope to be so strong and still spread love with all my fails. Stop listening to the lies, the emotional abuse he causes you, and start hearing and feeling your ancestor's pain. The scars you cannot see, because they mask them so well, but boy do they have stories to tell. I can only hope to be so brave, and strong to remain here long enough to be an inspiration to the innocent and naive. I only hope you will listen and heed my warnings to you. Just like once they tried to do, but I ended up playing the fool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment